Following up on our latest super-backplate pacakge, The Mill, we are now offering a limited time, free version for our contest. What contest? read all about it here!
- You get to control 34 separate light sources. They are all motivated so they make sense. You can mix and layer them.
- This is a “Crop-Friendly” backplate, its 101.1 megapixel (this is not a typo – 11608 x 8708px), you can use parts of the backplate and have superb quality.
- The package includes a Depth Channel: you can set focal point and depth of field
- We have you covered with a window channel so you can easily change the outside world
- The amount of details is just incredible
We wanted to do a fun contest around this package and have teamed up with som great sponsors to do so. (see prizes below).
Your goal would be to create an epic composite using The Mill. You can either use the full package if you bought it, or you can use this minified (yet pretty powerful) free package, no added points for using either of them.
Aside from using The Mill as a part of your composite, we are not really limiting you in any way. Use whatever assets you have to create an epic, jaw-dropping composite. Aliens, monsters, knights, boys and girls, balloons, waterfalls, really, use whatever you want, as long as it’s awesome.
The deadline is May 3rd, so it’s better to start as soon as you can.
How to Play?
- Download the Mill (either ‘buy’ this free package, or buy the full version)
- Use The Mill, its configurable lights, the depth map and any other tricks to create the best composite you can. There are some instructions on using the package in the sections below.
- Final resolution should be around 3000-4000 px on the wide side
- Submit a JPG file (up to 3MB) to this email address: email@example.com (we may ask the winner for a better quality file)
- You may upload your photo to facebook, tag our page, and tag the photo #RAWEXTHEMILLCONTEST. You can find all submissions in this link.
- We close doors at May 3rd and the team will pick a winner. The decision is final. (Check out the fine print to see how you can get some extra love from the team)
- One year of Smugmug business account (market value of $300)
- A Camslinger Streetomatic Plus camera bag from Cosyspeed (market value of $130)
- A Light Blaster + 2 creative kits from Spiffy Gear (market value of $133)
- $200 in RAWExchange coupons
- Second and third places will egt $100 and $50 in RAWExchange coupons
What is The Mill
Here is a small glimpse into the lighting sets (you can mix and match those) as well as the depth map:
How The Mill file works
The fine print
Nope, you cannot enter more than once per day. Yupp, you can enter from anywhere in the world if its legal for you. Nope, we will not sell your email. Nope, you are not allowed to rig the system (though rumor has it that Stefan is la sucker for Belgian chocolate), We will pay for shipping, you’ll pay duties, if they apply.