Dodge and Burn (fondly referred to as D&B) is one of Photoshop’s most powerful tools. It is also one of the tools used most often. You know why? Because it rocks, this is why.
- If you are doping portraits, you can use Dodge & Burn to add depth to your photos
- If you are a digital artist, you can use Dodge & Burn to create effects and contour your subjects
- If you are a high-end retoucher, you can use Dodge & Burn to even skin out
Dodging & Burning is not a complex thing, but there are right ways to D&B and, well…. not-as-right ways to D&B. In this tutorial, we will give you a complete Dodge &Burn toolbox which will enhance your photoshop work. All we ask id return is that you sit and watch the tutorial for one hour. And practice.
Once you have gone through our Dodge & Burn tutorial you will:
- Know how to do basic Dodge and Burning (DUH?!)
- Understand how Dodge & Burn works
- Know what settings work well for which Dodge & Burn situations
- Know how to inspect and improve your work with D&B helper layers
- Know how to Dodge & Burn to smoothen light and shadow transitions
- Know how to Dodge & Burn for contouring
One more thing:
We’ve added the D&B-Part of the Retouching Toolkit as a seperate panel!
So you’ve got proper help layers, tools and obviously the d&b-functions right at your fingertips! (works in Photoshop CC+)